The Fintech Model Canvas© is an innovative visual tool that helps you to describe, design, evaluate and change your fintech business model including your organisation and your business ecosystem in an integrated way. It is not based on the Business Model Canvas, but it has been especially designed by Tony de Bree.
The Fintech Model Canvas© is made up of 12 different building blocks (from right to left), which are used to describe the key elements of a fintech business model in an integrated way.
The 12 building blocks in The FinTech Model Canvas© are:
- I) Customers & Prospects: Who are your existing and new customers?
- II) Touchpoints: How do you interact with your customers and prospects? How do you co-create and deliver your value proposition?
- III) Problem/Need: the real problem and or need you are going to solve or fullfill.
- IV) Unique Value Proposition: What real and measurable value do you offer in the eyes and experience of your customers? How do you solve their problem, how do you satisfy their need?
- V) Solution: a service or product to solve the problem or satisfy a need of your customers or prospects.
- VI) Core Competencies: how does your organzation make a difference in the lives of your customers on an organizational level in the eyes of your customers?
- VII) Organisation: the integrated organizational design.
- VIII) Core Capabilities: capabilities are those business processes and tasks that the organisation is better at doing than its competitors in the eyes of their customers.
- IX) Touchpoints: How do you communicate and interact with the companies and people in your business ecosystem?
- X) Business Ecosystem: Who are your suppliers, strategic partners and independent business owners? How do you work with these companies and people to co-create and deliver your value proposition?
- XI) Revenue Model: How do you make money? What are the different ways that you generate revenue
- XII) Cost Structure: What are your relevant costs? How do you manage your costs?
The Fintech Model Canvas© is an innovative new valuable tool for fintech executives, management consultants, change managers, digital transformation and AI Transformation experts who are looking to create and validate their fintech business models fast and on time. It can be used to visualize current and new business model, identify gaps in the existing model, and design and implement business models including a new organisation and a new business ecosystem fast.
Here are some of the benefits of using the Fintech Model Canvas©:
- It helps you to visualize your existing fintech business model: The Fintech Model Canvas© is a visual representation of your fintech business model including your organisational design and your business ecosystem. This can help you to understand your fintech business model better and to identify gaps in your model.
- It helps you to evaluate your currrent fintech business model: The Fintech Model Canvas© can be used to evaluate your fintech business model. This can help you to identify areas where your fintech business model is strong and areas where your fintech business model could be improved.
- It helps you to communicate your fintech business model: The Fintech Model Canvas© can be used to communicate your fintech business model to others. This can help you to get feedback from potential users or customers.
- It helps you to design and implement your new fintech business model including your new organization and business ecosystem in an integrated way:
If you are a fintech entrepreneur or business designer, I encourage you to learn more about the Fintech Model Canvas. It is a valuable tool that can help you to build and deploy fintech solutions.
Here are some of the key differences between the Fintech Model Canvas© and the Business Model Canvas:
- 1. The FinTech Model Canvas© is an outside-in model and not an inside-out model like the Business Model Canvas.
- 2. The FinTech Model Canvas© enables your organisational design and your business ecosystem. In the Business Model Canvas, the organisation and the business ecosystem is a blackbox.
- 3. The Fintech Model Canvas© includes additional building blocks that are critical for your success as such as “Core Competencies”, “Core Capabilities”, ‘The Organizational design (the organisation)’ and ‘Business Ecosystem design”.
- 4. The Fintech Model Canvas© is designed to be used by management consultants, corporate fintechs, fintech startups and FinTech Scaleups and FinTech business designers who are looking to create, validate and transform and change their own fintech business model in an integrated way and fast.
- 5. The Fintech Model Canvas© is a much more comprehensive framework than the Business Model Canvas, and it can help you to identify and address the specific organisational challenges of designing and implementing fintech business models and business revenue models fast and just-in-time.
Schedule a call.
If you want to learn how to use the FinTech Model Canvas© fast in your own FinTech business, contact us today for a free online intake session. Please email your mobile number and the link to your LinkedIn profile using this form. Then we immediately will contact you to schedule that call or face-to-face meeting.
Tony de Bree