The corporate FinTech-gurus and social media influencers are ‘surprised’ about what happens now with many over-hyped Fintech-startups.
But is it so surprising? No, it is not. These are the 7 reasons why they go ‘belly-up’.
7 reasons why Fintech-startups go ‘belly-up’.
The main reasons why FinTech-startups (like many other startups & scaleups) are going belly-up:
1) Not enough focus on solving problems for paying customers.
2) Focusing on the competition instead of making a difference for customers.
3) No unique value proposition.
4) Too high fixed and variable costs.
5) No cashflow.
6) Wrong financial advisors & wrong external investors.
7) Wrong methods, models and advisors.
If you want to Tony to help with your FinTech ‘survival strategy’, then contact him here.
Dr. Tony de Bree EEP is a ‘born survivor’ and has been succesfully selecting startups & scaleups inside and outside FinTech & RegTech since 2001 (including Amazon.com, PayPal, Ikea, ASML and Bol.com) including as Dragon and in FinTech-competitions. Since 2011 he is independent business owner, succesful online entrepeneur and author of ‘Digital Strategy Mapping. Digital leadership in the online platform economy’ including FinTech and several ‘how-to-makemoney’ bestselling books in Dutch for online entrepreneurs, startups & scaleups.